4 out of 5 North American Strongest Banks are Canadian
Business and financial news website Bloomberg recently published a report featuring the world’s strongest bank. In order to find the strongest banks, Bloomberg looked at banks with at least $100 billion in assets and five categories such as Tier 1 capital compared with risk-weighted assets, efficiency, nonperforming assets against total assets, and more.
Let’s look at the top 10 banks from the report:
- Hang Seng Bank (Hong Kong)
- Desjardins Group (Canada)
- Norinchukin Bank (Japan)
- Oversea-Chinese Banking (Singapore)
- Qatar National Bank (Qatar)
- Bayerische Landesbank (Germany)
- DBS Group Holdings (Singapore)
- Pohjola Bank (Finland)
- Skandinaviska Enskilda Banken (Sweden)
- Boc Hong kong Holdings (Hong Kong)
An important twist is that only one American bank (U.S. Bancorp) made it to the list, at the 19th position. If you look at the tops North American banks, 4 out of 5 are Canadian banks. To view the full report, visit here.
More A Dawn Articles