Photo Courtesy: www.dlink.com
D-Link Router Review
The last router I bought was probably ten years ago and so much has changed since then. What routers can do these days were unthinkable 10 years ago. So it was about time to upgrade my router.
When I hit Staples to check what kinds of routers are available, I was surprised to see so many different versions and different bands. For example, I did not know that computer maker Asus makes routers these days as well. After going through a myriad of choices, I picked the D-Link Wireless AC1200 Dual-Band Router.
Some of the Features
– Next generation 802.11 AC technology. It offers 3x speed than 802.11N.
– Dual band capability. You will have two different wireless Internet from the same router on two different bands at Up to 300Mbps (2.4GHz) + and 867Mbps (5GHz) speeds.
– There are apps to video monitor, control home network, stream digital files, and setup your router from your phone or tablet.
What I Like
– Initial setup is very simple and easy. If you install the smart phone app (QRS Mobile) and follow instructions, it takes about 3 minutes.
– Dual band comes very handy for different sets of tasks. For example, I use one for regular Internet use and the other band for streaming (to watch Netflix, TV, etc.).
What I Don’t Like
– All other smart phone apps (except QRS Mobile) are very user unfriendly and do not work properly.
– You need to go through a complicated registration process to use mydlink Lite app and most people will give up after going through half way.
Although AC1200 Dual-Band Router is a pricey one, it’s worth its price. It provides a very powerful WiFi signal and you should not need to buy another router in at least 10 years.
More A Dawn Articles: